Notice to City of Hollywood Utility Customers
June 24, 2021
Reinstatement of Disconnections for Past Due Balances Begins October 1st
In light of the current positive trends in the COVID vaccination rate and declining COVID-19 positivity rates, disconnections and late penalties for past due utility balances will resume on October 1, 2021
Over one year ago, the City of Hollywood temporarily suspended its policy for service disconnections for past due balances. It was a way to help customers through a difficult economic time and to ensure water service was available for hand washing and other hygiene measures during the height of the pandemic. Customers were encouraged to stay current with their utility payments during this time if they were able, and to reach out for assistance in setting up a payment plan if they were not.
In light of the current positive trends in the COVID vaccination rate and declining COVID-19 positivity rates, disconnections and late penalties for past due utility balances will resume on October 1, 2021. Customers with an outstanding balance on their utility accounts have the following options:
• If you need assistance: Contact the Family Success Center for Broward County to apply for emergency assistance online here or by calling the Emergency Rental Assistance Hotline at 888-692-7203 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• If you need to set up a payment plan: Contact the City's Customer Service team by calling 954.921.3938 or by email
• If you would like to pay a delinquent balance in full: You can make a payment online, use the 24 hour automated phone system by calling 954.921.3938 or one of the below options:
• Cashiers Office at City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard, Room 103. Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
• Drive-thru window at City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard – (North side of building). Hours: 7:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
• After hours drop box at City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Blvd. (North side of building) next to the "drive thru" window
For additional information, please visit www.hollywoodfl.org.
Free Career Training For Hollywood Residents
**Now Offered On Saturdays**
Virtual Orientation: Thursday, June 24th at 4 p.m., to start training.
The City of Hollywood and OIC of South Florida are providing eligible residents with two FREE 12-week training courses and job placement assistance. Learn all about this work skills program at our Virtual Orientation on Thursday, June 24th at 4 p.m., including eligibility requirements and how to apply. Click here to join the Virtual Orientation: http://ow.ly/6jp350F7zZP
Applications will be accepted online until Sunday, June 27 at 11:59 p.m. at