Paddleboard on Hollywood Beach
March 31, 2022
Paddleboarding has experienced a surge in popularity in recent years. The family-friendly activity is easy for anyone of any skill level to enjoy. Exploring Hollywood via paddleboard is no longer just for those with their own equipment.
The City is pleased to announce a new partnership with “PADL,” a paddleboard equipment rental operation that offers hourly rentals and monthly memberships. Self-service “PADL” kiosks are now available for public use on Hollywood Beach.
PADL rental kiosks locations on Hollywood Beach include:
• New Hampshire Street in the North Beach area
• Keating Park, 2500 S. Ocean Drive in the South Beach area
• COMING SOON: Charnow Park, 300 Connecticut Street in the Central Beach area
PADL Rental Fees are as follows: $19 per hour for non-members, $24.99 monthly membership or $99.99 for a 6-month membership. Members receive 2 hours free every day and additional hours and boards are $10 per hour.
Paddlecraft Hours of Operation on Hollywood Beach:
• Paddlecraft are allowed to utilize the entire length of the the municipal beach before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
• Paddlecraft are allowed at all hours south of Madison Street (The Keating Park kiosk is located south of Madison Street)
• Paddlecraft are allowed at all hours north of Liberty Street.(The New Hampshire Street kiosk is located north of Liberty Street)
• In the Central Beach area, south of Liberty Street and north of Madison Street, paddlecraft must remain 100 yards from shore during the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (The kiosk at Charnow Park is set to comply with the rules set forth in City Ordinance 99.02.)
With a swipe of the App, the board and paddle with personal flotation device are released and off you go on your adventure. The IOS + Android Mobile App also provides a map of PADL locations across the state, links to meetup groups, tour and lesson booking, shopping and more. There are currently 23+ PADL locations throughout Florida with plans to expand to 50 locations this year. To learn more, visit the PADL website: https://www.padl.co
For links to "How To" videos from PADL and information on paddleboarding in Hollywood, including guided paddleboard options, launch sites on Hollywood Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway, and additional information on water activities, please visit the "Enjoying Water Sports on Hollywood Beach" webpage: http://hollywoodfl.org/1160/Enjoying-Water-Sports-on-Hollywood-Beach