Hollywood Gets A Community Shuttle Program
October 27, 2022
The Hollywood City Commission is set to consider a new Community Shuttle Program. The public is invited to attend the Regular City Commission Meeting on Wednesday November 2nd at 1:00 p.m. at City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard, Room 219.
At the meeting an Agenda Item will be presented to introduce a new Fixed Route Community Shuttle Program in partnership with Broward County Transit Division. The shuttle program will be funded by Broward County and provided at no cost to residents. The live broadcast of the meeting can be viewed on the City’s Government Access Channel, Comcast Channel 78, ATT U-Verse Channel 99, and on the City’s website. Those wishing to make an in-person public comment must submit a comment card with the City Clerk at the meeting, prior to the start of the item discussion.
Funding & Routes
The City of Hollywood has obtained funding as part of the FY2021 Broward County Community Shuttle Program (CSP) Transportation Surtax Funding Process. The proposed service will augment existing public transportation services and serve a greater number of people traveling to and within the City. The proposed Community Shuttle Program will operate 7-days per week for approximately 8-10 hours per day and be free of charge for riders.
As part of the application process, the City proposed a total of six routes throughout the eastern and western portions of the City. After careful evaluation of the proposed routes by the Broward County Transportation Division, Broward County notified the City on January 5, 2022 that they would fund the operation of three Community Shuttle routes (detailed below).
Route 1 (Red Line): The East Central Loop
• Operates between City Hall/Central Library and the Margaritaville Beach Resort
• Operates 1 vehicle 7 days per week between 9 am and 5 pm daily
• Estimated cycle time is 43 minutes
Route 2 (Blue Line): The A1A Loop
• Operates between the Walmart Super Center on East Hallandale Boulevard and the Hollywood North Beach Park on A1A
• Operates 2 Vehicles 7 days per week with seasonal hours of operation:
• November - April: 8 am to 6 pm (Monday - Thursday) and 8 am to 8 pm (Friday - Sunday and Holidays)
• May - October: Monday - Thursday 8 am to 6 pm and 8 am to 7 pm (Friday - Sunday and Holidays)
• Cycle time for each vehicle (Northbound/Southbound is approximately 24 minutes
Route 3 (Yellow Line): The Southeast Loop
• Operates between City Hall/Central Library, Young Circle, Jefferson Park and Pembroke Drive.
• Operates 1 vehicle 7 days per week between 9 am and 5 pm
• Estimated cycle time is 39 minutes
In November the City will hold a public meeting to share final routes and obtain Commission approval to execute an Inter-Local Agreement with Broward County to fund the Community Shuttle System. In March of next year the City Commission will award a contract to the shuttle vendor for the operation and maintenance of the Community Shuttle vehicles and receive the vehicles to start operations.
For more information and route maps visit the dedicated project website at: https://maps.hollywoodfl.org/portal/apps/storymaps/stories/6e47d43d95f44893afd99ed878c89c50