You’ve Got an Idea for a Business, Now What?
January 27, 2022
Have you been toying around with a business idea and want to take it to the next level? Let us help you clear the path from idea to business start. The City of Hollywood supports and encourages local entrepreneurship and is honored to continue hosting its FastTrac® program in partnership with Kauffman FastTrac®.
As a Kauffman FastTrac® affiliate, the City hosts the FastTrac® Start-Up Program to help entrepreneurs refine their business concept, identify the components of a strong business plan, and access the appropriate resources to launch and grow successful businesses.
During the free ten week program, future entrepreneurs-to-be are provided with a robust curriculum and various resources. Participants identify market needs, explore risk and success factors, build a business plan, and learn business fundamentals, and network with entrepreneur professionals, amongst many other opportunities.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion and the top three business plans may be eligible to compete for seed money grants through a pitch competition. Participants in the FastTrac Start-Up Program will also have direct access to subject matter experts with invaluable business know-how.
Eligibility criteria for FastTrac® includes:
• A well thought-out idea for a new business
• Two years of work experience
• Access to a computer to participate in the virtual courses and complete assignments
• Some market research on business idea
• Commitment to participate in all sessions (approximately 30 classroom hours) and complete prep work (approximately 15-20 hours per week)
The FastTrac® Start-Up Program is free and open only to Hollywood residents and businesses. Space is limited. Interested participants must submit a complete application online by January 30 at 11 p.m. for this competitive process.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.ChooseHollywoodFL.com/FastTrac.
Please contact the City of Hollywood at 954.921.3620 for additional information.
Broward Commuter Rail Public Workshops
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Four and Broward County will be hosting 3 "Alternatives Public Workshops" for the Broward Commuter Rail (BCR) Project Development & Environment (PD&E) Study, which runs from Deerfield Beach to Hollywood, including six stations, a new crossing over the New River, and a connection to the Miami Central Station. Meeting dates are as follows:
• Thursday, January 27, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m. to be held virtually To attend by phone call toll free 1-877-309-2074, access code 146-171-718.
• Thursday, January 27, 2022, beginning at 6:30 p.m. to be held virtually To attend by phone call toll free 1-877-309-2074, access code 125-404-365.
• Monday, January 31, 2022, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The In-Person Alternatives Public Workshop will be held at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. Parking at the Center is available at no charge in the public garage located at the corner of SW 5th Avenue and SW 2nd Street, across from the Performing Arts Center. The latest social distancing requirements will be followed.
Register Your Attendance at https://www.fdot.gov/projects/broward-commuter-rail