FDOT Construction Open House: Washington Street & NW/SW 72nd Ave. Mobility Project
November 11, 2021
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District Four will host a Virtual Public Meeting and In-person Construction Open House regarding the mobility improvements along Washington Street and NW/SW 72nd Avenue in the Cities of Hollywood and Pembroke Pines.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 23rd from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., both virtually at this link and in-person at Pembroke Pines City Hall Room, A101 at 601 City Center Way.
The Broward MPO is investing over $300 million to create safer, healthier communities in Broward County and this project is one of many within a larger plan to create enhanced bicycle, pedestrian, and public transportation access. Project improvements include:
• Widening the roadway to accommodate 5-foot bicycle lanes in each direction along Washington Street from South 62nd Avenue to SR 7/US 441 and from South 56th Avenue to South Park Road, and along NW/SW 72nd Avenue from SW 9th Street to Johnson Street
• Adding shared bicycle lane pavement markings along Washington Street from SR7/US 441 to South 56th Avenue and along NW/SW 72nd Avenue from Pembroke Road to SW 9th Street
• Upgrading curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements
• Milling, resurfacing, and replacing pavement markings and signage
• Upgrading pedestrian signalization at the intersections of Washington Street with South 62nd Avenue, SR 7/US 441, Hillcrest Drive, and South Park Road, and NW/SW 72nd Avenue with SR 820/Pines Boulevard and Johnson Street
• Single lane closures are permitted weekdays and weekends between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
• Pedestrian access and access to properties will be maintained at all times.
Construction Cost: $3,588,218
Construction Start: November 29, 2021
Estimated Completion: Early 2023
ArtsPark Live: The Big Swing
Saturday, November 13 - 7-10 p.m.
The Big Swing is back this Saturday at the ArtsPark at Young Circle in downtown Hollywood! The largest gathering of the swing dance community in South Florida brings together beginners and professionals to have a grand old time. The Big Swing features two incredible bands on the same stage: The French Horn Collective and The Swing All-Stars. They will fill the air with music...and the floor with dancers from all over South Florida!
The host for the evening will be four-time World Champion Swing Dancer Yuval Hod from All Swing Miami, who will lead dance lessons and demonstrations along with dancers from South Florida. Come dressed in your favorite swing-era style.
Admission is free. Please remember, Single-use plastics and Styrofoam containers are prohibited at the ArtsPark, including plastic bottles and bags.