Family Fun With A Pop: Kid-Friendly Snacks And Treats Perfect For Sharing
By Family Features
July 13, 2023
When hunger strikes and family fun calls for a snack to keep the excitement going, take your kiddos to the kitchen to whip up a tasty treat for all to enjoy. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or watching favorite movies, turn to an ingredient like Popcorn that encourages creativity. Plus, it's a delicious way for adults to turn back the clock and recreate childhood memories while making new ones with the family.
Consider these Popcorn-inspired snacks to serve during your next adventure:
• Take yourself back in time to your own childhood with a classic pairing that never goes out of style: Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn. This version offers a fun way to jazz up Popcorn for kids and adults alike with a sprinkling of Strawberries and Dried Cranberries on top for added nutrition.
• When it's time for a little fun in the sun or a trip to the park, sweeten up the celebration with this Graham Cracker Picnic Mix that's a flavorful, kid-favorite combination of Popcorn, Bear-Shaped Graham Crackers, Marshmallows, Fudge-Covered Pretzels and Miniature Cookies.
• Pizza is hard to beat as a snacking solution the whole family can enjoy and this Grab and Go Pizza Popcorn is no exception. Ready in just minutes by mixing Popcorn, Parmesan Cheese and seasonings, little ones can help prepare a batch quickly before heading out the door.
• Colorful and fun, these Minty Green Popcorn Clusters are simple to make and a perfect treat to share. Just melt together the Marshmallows, the Butter, the Salt, the Green Food Coloring and the Peppermint Extract before tossing it with the Popcorn and the Green Candy-Coated Chocolates.
To find more family-friendly snack time favorites, visit: www.Popcorn.org
Peanut Butter And Jelly Popcorn
• 8 Cups of Popcorn
• 2 Tablespoons of Raspberry Jam
• 1/2 Cup of White Chocolate Chips
• 3 Tablespoons of Smooth Natural Peanut Butter
• 1/4 Cup of Freeze-Dried Strawberries
• 1/4 Cup of Dried Cranberries
In a large bowl, stir the Popcorn and the Jam until it is evenly coated. Transfer it to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
In a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of barely simmering water, add the White Chocolate Chips and the Peanut Butter. Cook it, stirring it occasionally, 3-5 minutes, or until it is smooth and melted.
Drizzle the Peanut Butter mixture over the Popcorn mixture. Sprinkle it with the Strawberries and the Cranberries.
Refrigerate it for 10 minutes, or until the Peanut Butter mixture is set; break it into pieces to serve it. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Graham Cracker Picnic Mix
Yield: About 12 Cups
• 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
• 1/4 Cup of Sugar
• 5-6 Drops of Pink Neon Liquid Food Coloring or desired color
• 1/2 Cup of Unpopped Popcorn Kernels
• 1 Package of Mini Pastel Marshmallows
• 1 Cup of Bear-Shaped Graham Crackers
• 1 Package of White Fudge-Covered Pretzels
• 1 Cup of Mini Cookies
In a large pot over medium heat, stir oil, sugar and food coloring.
Stir in the Popcorn Kernels and cover it. Cook it until the Popcorn begins to pop. Shake the pot over the heat until the popping slows.
Remove the pan from the heat and pour the Popcorn into a large bowl.
Add the Marshmallows, the Graham Crackers, the Pretzels and the Cookies then lightly toss them.
Grab And Go Pizza Popcorn
Yield: 6 Quarts
• 6 Quarts of Popped Popcorn
• Olive Oil Cooking Spray
• 1 Cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
• 2 Teaspoons of Garlic Salt
• 2 Teaspoons of Paprika
• 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
Place the Popcorn in a large, sealable plastic container or 2 1/2-gallon plastic sealable bags.
Spray the Popcorn lightly with Cooking Spray.
Sprinkle the Cheese, the Garlic Salt, the Paprika and the Italian Seasoning over the Popcorn and shake it to distribute it evenly.
To serve, scoop the Popcorn into reusable plastic cups.
Minty Green Popcorn Clusters
Yield: 32 Clusters
• 12 Cups of Unsalted, Unbuttered, Popped Popcorn
• 4 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
• 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Light Olive Oil
• 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
• 1 Tablespoon of Green Food Coloring
• 1/4 Teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
• 1 Cup of Green Candy-Coated Chocolate Candies
Place the Popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
In a saucepan over Medium Heat, melt the Marshmallows, the Butter and the Salt, stirring it occasionally, until it is smooth. Remove it from the heat; stir it in the Food Coloring and the Peppermint Extract.
Toss the Marshmallow mixture with the Popcorn; cool for 2-3 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Toss with the Chocolate Candies.
Shape 3 Tablespoons of the Popcorn mixture into a small cluster; repeat with the remaining Popcorn mixture. Place it on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cool completely.